With our front-PTO auxiliary brake “Frontec“, we offer our customers in mountain regions a solution to increase the profitability and safety of the ride on the sloping terrain. These objectives are achieved by the higher driving speed and lower stress on the braking system of the tractor. The Frontec additional brake for tractors was developed by us to enable a fast and safe downhill run. It serves to relieve the tractors braking system and prevents the engine from turning over during a descent into the downhill terrain or overheating the brakes.
The braking force of the Frontec is produced completely without wear via a retarder (eddy current brake). This technology has long been used in trucks, omnibuses, trains, cableways, and many other applications. The Frontec operates in four, very softly switching, braking stages.
The force-transmitting components, such as the PTO-shaft, PTO-shaft coupling, engine, and gearing, are not overloaded by intermittent switching on and off. Vehicles with variable speed gearboxes or manual gearboxes can also be equipped with a Frontec auxiliary brake.
Traffic safety is improved:
- To prevent the engine from stalling, the Frontec automatically switches off when an engine speed of less than e.g. 1000 rpm is exceeded (threshold can be set).
- When the brake of the tractor is activated, the Frontec also switches off and remains switched off. In this way, it is avoided that the steering ability in dangerous situations is impaired.
- The tractors own brakes remain cold and can thus be fully used in dangerous moments
In addition to safety, our Frontec significantly increases the profitability:
- Shorter turnaround times, as you can drive faster. With the Frontec you can slow down the vehicle very gently, without the wheels of the tractor slipping.
- The brake system is relieved by the additional brake, which significantly reduces the wear of the tractors own braking system.
4-step operating unit
The control of the Frontec scores thanks to its simple operation. The 5 green status LEDs on the front panel indicate the operability and the brake levels 1 - 4. The braking force is increased by means of the upper switching rocker. The lower switching rocker reduces the braking force, or completely shuts it off in the lowest step. The brake can also be switched off by a longer pressure on any key, or via the functions already mentioned in the safety features, for example the actuation of the brake pedal. In addition to the integrated rocker switch, a further switch is included, which can be connected to the rear of the control unit and can be installed at any position in the driver‘s cab.